Course on the operation and maintenance of mobile platforms
It is a training that allows you to prepare participants to obtain the qualifications necessary to work with aerial work platforms and other types of devices. The scope of issues discussed during the classes includes the most frequently used types of platforms: for loading and lifting goods and people, for construction works at heights, mounted on cars and free-standing. The training content is consistent with the scope of exams organized by the Office of Technical Inspection and Transport Technical Supervision.
UDT exam - qualifications that can be obtained after the course
Operator training courses prepare you to qualify for the following mobile platforms:
- Mobile (permits issued for 5 years)
- Stationary (licenses issued for 10 years)
- Pendent (10-year powers)
- Mast (10-year license)
- On railway vehicles (licenses issued for 10 years)
In addition to the latest (the above) division, the following scope of the issued rights applies for 5 years from the entry into force of the Act on Technical Inspection:
- IP category qualifications, including slow-moving mobile access platforms (scissor lifts), self-propelled mobile platforms (aerial platforms), mobile platforms
- Category II P qualification, including hanging, mast and stationary mobile platforms
Scope for the platform service course:
1. Theoretical part:
- Introduction - general information
- Mobile platforms - their stability and durability
- Safety devices
- Supporting structures and landing gear
- Work platform
- Supporting structures of the working platform - drive mechanisms
- Operating instructions for platforms
- Methods of testing and carrying out tests on platforms
- Rules for the operation of devices
- Technical inspection
2. Practical part:
- Activities performed before, during and after work
- Security verification before starting work
- Procedure in emergency situations - emergency lowering of the device
Scope for the platform maintenance course:
1. Theoretical part:
- Handling equipmentwhich includes technical supervision
- Supervision of technical devices - the procedure
- Types of technical tests that are carried out by technical inspection inspectors and the scope of performed activities
- Dangerous damage and accidents related to the operation of a technical device - the procedure of the device operator and maintenance technician
- Health and safety rules accompanying the maintenance of devices
- Platform maintenance units and elements - mechanical and electrical part
2. Practical part:
- Verification of the technical condition of the platform
- Checking the degree of wear of mechanisms and the correctness of their operation
- Replacement of worn and damaged parts of the device
- Procedure in emergency situations
- Maintenance of device components, assemblies and safety devices
- Checking the correctness of operation and adjustment of elements and safety devices
- Activities and obligations accompanying the change of the place of use of the device in a situation that requires disassembly and reassembly
- Changing the mounting version of devices
- Examples of the most common operational faults and their removal
Why is it worth taking part in a course for mobile platforms?
The training programs created by the Center are a response to the needs of both individual clients who want to improve their qualifications, and employers thinking about the development of their company.
Benefits for employers:
- The program of classes is determined individually with the representatives of the Center. This means that both people without experience and those who have already dealt with mobile platforms can take part in the training. The course is tailored to meet the needs of employees both in terms of material scope and duration. As a result, employers who hire employees with some experience in the operation or maintenance of platforms can train their staff faster.
- Obtaining by employees the authorization to operate and maintain this type of equipment opens the way for the company to win new, profitable orders, as well as to start in tenders. Mobile platforms are used in construction works, during the maintenance of historic buildings, renovation and facade insulation, installation of large-format advertisements, and washing of large glass surfaces. Works of this type are commissioned by housing cooperatives, communities of residents and local governments.
- The center offers maximum support both in terms of content and organization. Preparation of training for the company includes a thorough interview and diagnosis of employees' needs. The dates are set in such a way as to optimally match them with the examinations organized by the UDT. Training can take place at the Center's headquarters in Warsaw or in branches: Kraków, Gdańsk, Katowice and other large cities. If necessary, the Center can mediate in organizing accommodation or meals for participants.
- The service offered by the Center includes not only training but also post-completion support. Participants receive access to an educational platform with materials, videos and tests that they can use during their preparation for the exam. The center also acts as an intermediary in organizational matters related to the examination at UDT or TDT. Thanks to many years of experience of the Center, it is possible to organize course classes on such a date that the exam takes place within a few working days after its completion. All this significantly increases the pass rate among students, and the employer who sends employees to the course has more confidence that the investment will pay for itself quickly.
Benefits for individual clients
- Specialization is the key to success in the labor market. For several years now, there has been a high demand for employees from the technical industry, possessing UDT qualifications for the operation and maintenance of specialized equipment. The operators of mobile platforms can count on quick employment, as well as on much higher remuneration than in less specialized professions, e.g. general construction worker or driver.
- The scope of the material is wide - it covers issues related to popular aerial platforms, platforms mounted on cars, platforms mounted with ropes for building roofs and others. Completing the course and passing the exam allows you to work in the construction, transport and advertising industries.
- This training is from scratch, also for people with no experience. Comprehensively prepares for the exam, the positive result of which leads to obtaining qualifications. The course, in both operation and maintenance, consists of an extensive theoretical and practical part. The center has its own equipment base, thanks to which participants can thoroughly familiarize themselves with the operation of the platforms and gain experience in using this type of equipment.
- Flexible form - a course on the so-called increases can take place stationary or online, in the form of webinars. The center offers a large number of open training dates that can be joined by any interested participant.
Questions and Answers
What is the price of the course and what does it include?
Training for mobile platforms - the price includes:
- Conducting theoretical (stationary or webinar) and practical classes
- Providing participants with an educational platform with training materials, videos and tests preparing for the exam
- Issue of a simplified supplement for people who complete the training
- Issue of a certificate according to ISO 18878 (plastic card with a photo)
- Health and safety equipment, harnesses, vests necessary during practical classes
- Access to devices discussed during classes
- At the request of customers ordering training for the company: assistance in accommodation, organization of meals
- During breaks between classes: coffee, tea, cookies
How long do the classes last and what is their form?
Classroom classes can be organized throughout Poland - for details, please contact the Center. Online classes are conducted on the platform to which participants receive a login and password. The platform is available for the entire duration of the course and also after its completion.
The number of hours depends on individual arrangements with the client. It depends on whether the participants already have experience in the operation of mobile platforms or have not had contact with these devices yet.
The given duration times are indicative and amount to:
- 8-10 hours - for people who already have practical experience in operating this type of devices
- 18-20 hours - for people with basic knowledge and skills
- 35 hours - for people without practical experience and theoretical knowledge
Approximate duration of classes for conservators:
- People who meet the minimum requirements and have experience in the field of electrical or mechanical engineering (for one type of device) - approximately 32 hours
- People who need additional knowledge on the maintenance of 2 types or types of devices - about 58 hours
- People with no experience in maintenance of platforms - 96 hours - applies to training for 2-3 types or types of devices
Can everyone take part in the classes?
The course is intended for people who meet the minimum requirements:
- They are 18 years or older
- They have at least primary education
- Have a medical certificate stating that there are no contraindications to work in a given position (or declare in writing that they do not have such contraindications)
Classes are organized in a closed (for company employees) and an open form, which can be attended by any interested client. For dates and details, please contact us by phone or e-mail.
I already have some experience with mobile platforms. Is the course for me?
I am a person with no experience, but I want to learn how to use platforms. Can I sign up?
TDT / UDT exam and training - what is the preparation for the exam?
Thanks to many years of experience in organizing courses, the Center can provide representation of clients in contacts with UDT or TDT. The dates of the course classes always take into account the dates of the exams organized by UDT Warszawa or other departments. With adequate time in advance, it is possible to pass the tests even within a few working days of the end of the training. This allows you to approach the exam with freshly acquired knowledge, and at the same time gives you time to revise the material using information from the educational platform.