Excavator operator training
We specialise in providing training for, among other things, operators of excavators, loaders and other machines subject to UDT. Our main objective is for the trainee to acquire new skills and the knowledge necessary for the job. We professionally prepare new operators to work with the equipment.
Why is it important to have an excavator and backhoe loader licence?
Class I and III excavators are the most commonly used machines in construction and industry, among others. They are used for jobs such as building public roads or transporting construction materials. Acquiring a qualification will definitely increase the qualifications of the employee, which may entail an attractive salary.
Backhoe loaders are popular in the construction, mining and road construction markets, thanks to their wheeled chassis-based design. The machine is equipped with two independent systems, namely the excavator and loader systems. This enables both transport and excavation work. An additional advantage of the machine is the possibility of installing additional working attachments, which definitely extends its function.
What does the training process look like?
The training is prepared according to a syllabus prepared by the Institute of Mechanised Construction and Rock Mining. The course is conducted in theoretical and practical form, which will make it easier to pass the state exam before the commission.
Theoretical part involves learning the basics of operation. The trainee will learn about the construction of the equipment, the principles of health and safety and will learn how to compile technical documentation.
Practical part will allow trainees to perform tasks with the machine under the guidance of our specialists. The future operator will learn about the specifications of the excavator and its safe use.
We have a wide range of state-of-the-art equipment on which the tasks are carried out and provide the trainees with protective clothing.
The manoeuvring area where the practical classes are carried out is suitable for all tasks with the device.
After completing the training, the trainee can take the state examination before the board.
The main activities carried out during the course include:
- maintenance of technical documentation
- health and safety at work
- fundamentals of electrotechnology
- construction of the excavator and its use
- hydraulic components.
After completing the training, the trainee can take the state examination before the IMBiGS commission. The exam is divided into practical and theoretical parts and is similar to the training at our centre. A positive result of the exam entitles you to work as an excavator or backhoe loader operator.
The course enables you to perform, among other things:
- working with excavators of various types and types
- the organisation of the unit's operation under various weather conditions
- controlling the quality of the work carried out
- cooperation with the human resources team and management in the organisation of the work
- carrying out repairs and inspections.
How much does an excavator operator earn?
The salary of an excavator operator depends on several factors such as the place of work and experience in the position. As of 2022 in Poland, the average pay is around PLN 5,000 gross, but experienced operators can expect a salary exceeding even PLN 6,500 gross. A better option to increase your salary will definitely be to have new qualifications.
Earnings abroad will be considerably higher, ranging from €3,000 gross to €4,000 gross for 2022.
Major excavator manufacturers include:
A number of conditions must be met in order to join the training course:
- 18 years of age or older
- no medical contraindications
- Have a category B driving licence if you want to drive the excavator on a public road
- have a minimum of primary education.
Our centre has a very high exam pass rate, we invite you to sign up!
Other professional training:
- operator training for backhoe loaders
- forklift operator course
- training for control and measurement work
- G1, G2 and G3 training.
Questions and Answers
Do I need to have a university degree to take part in the training?
A person with at least an elementary education can join the training.
Will I be familiarised with the hydraulics of the appliance during the training?
Yes, at our centre we carry out classes in excavator hydraulics, among other things.
- Backhoe loader licence course
- UDT certification for operators and maintainers of tower and high-speed cranes
- Courses for operators and maintainers - Merlo forklift trucks
- Types and characteristics of HDS cranes
- Forklift trucks - UDT operator course
- UDT, TDT and WDT training of handling equipment operators