Fall Protection Course
ODK ERGON invites interested persons to enroll in a fall protection course, i.e. a course on the correct use of a safety harness. Personal protective equipment may only be used by persons trained for this purpose. This training covers theoretical and practical knowledge, acquiring it will enable you to work safely at height and help reduce the risk of an accident during work.
Purpose of the course
The training offered by ERGON is designed to prepare employees for safe work at heights with the use of safety harnesses. The course effectively prepares you to apply the acquired knowledge and skills in real situations when performing work at height.
Prerequisites needed to start the course
The training may be attended by a person who:
- is 18 years old
- has a minimum basic education
- has a valid medical certificate confirming the possibility of performing work at a height of more than 3 meters
What activities are included in the work at height?
Each activity performed by an employee on a surface above 1 meter above the floor or ground is classified as work at height. It is the employer's responsibility to ensure direct supervision of this work and to ensure safety measures such as a safety harness. The work performed at height includes:
- construction or demolition of buildings,
- performing insulation or renovation of the facade,
- activities carried out on the roof,
- works during the construction and renovation of bridges, flyovers, etc.,
- operations on silos and tanks,
- cleaning and washing windows of tall buildings,
- tree care and felling.
When working on all types of scaffolding, ramps, poles, high platforms or roofs, first of all, take care of your safety. Particularly dangerous works can also include works carried out on wind turbines or in vertical suspension.
Knowledge gained during the training
During the course, you will be comprehensively prepared for the proper use of fall protection equipment and proper documentation of the equipment. The training is divided into theoretical and practical parts. The training program covers the following issues:
- legal bases and regulations for work at heights,
- regulations and standards for the components of personal fall protection equipment,
- threats and risk assessment,
- characteristics and types of safety harness components,
- proper selection of equipment for the type of work performed,
- the most common damage to protective equipment,
- proceeding in emergency situations,
- filling in the usage card,
In the practical part:
- you will learn methods of securing yourself,
- you will learn how to properly adjust and use the harness,
- you will learn about fall arrest systems,
- you will learn how to move with the help of fixed anchors,
- you will learn about the methods of evacuation from heights.
After completing the training, participants will have theoretical knowledge and practical skills needed to use various fall protection, positioning and restraining equipment. A key element of this training is the large amount of hands-on exercises.
What regulations regulate the use of personal protective equipment?
Safety harness should be used according to the standards specified in the regulations:
- PN-EN 358 - Personal protective equipment that fixes the position during work and prevents falls from a height - Belts that fix the position during work and limit movement, and cables that fix the position during work.
- PN-EN 361 - Personal protective equipment against falls from a height - Safety harnesses.
- PN-EN 363 - personal protective equipment against falls from a height. According to this standard, the safety harness is the only protection against falls from a height that is put on by the employee directly.
When should an employee wear a harness?
The principles of using a safety harness are regulated by the Regulation of the Minister of Labor and Social Policy of September 26, 1997. This regulation states that the harness should be used during the so-called work at height, i.e. activities performed on a surface at a height of at least 1 meter above the floor or ground.
Characteristics of the safety harness
Safety harnesses used for work at height are sections of polyamide tapes connected to each other, which are properly sewn together and connected with metal buckles. They can have additional equipment, it depends on their adaptation to specific works. The more complex and professional models are equipped with a front attachment buckle at the height of the chest, which adjusts to the elements of the vertical belay.
High-altitude equipment control
As the height harness and its accessories can save lives, the condition of the safety harness should be checked regularly. Once a year, after 12 months of use, the harness must be withdrawn from use to carry out a thorough inspection of its condition.
For detailed information on prices, please check the price list or contact us by phone.
Why is it worth training with ERGON?
Completion of the training we organize allows you to gain the necessary knowledge and skills in the field of particularly dangerous work. The course we offer is addressed to all companies performing work at height and individuals who work in this industry. During the training, we focus on the comprehensive improvement of the qualifications of our students.
If you have any questions regarding our offer, please contact us - our employees will be happy to help you clarify any doubts.
We encourage you to choose our services!
The ODK ERGON team